Registering new staff, volunteers and change-makers for creating content in Film & Television to hundreds of unemployed youths in this great City.
The problem is much bigger than what we had anticipated. According to the US Dept of Labor Statistics:
Unemployment among youth rose by 567,000 from April to July 2018, compared with an
increase of 458,000 for the same period in 2017.
The youth unemployment rate, at 9.2 percent in July 2018, was little changed from
July 2017. This represents the lowest summer youth unemployment rate since July 1966.
The number of unemployed youth was 2.1 million in July 2018. Of the 2.1 million unemployed 16- to 24-year-olds, 1.5 million were looking for full-time work in July 2018, also little changed from July 2017.
Save The Youths
We suggested an effective approach to provide arts-therapy programs and activities that encourage positive development in youth, which will eventually decrease likelihood of involvement with all types of risk behaviors and eventually stimulate growth and success.
Our evaluation and experience show that youth who have witness positive development have the following characteristics:
They feel physically and emotionally safe
A good sense of belonging and ownership
Will feel a strong sense of self-worth
Have quality relationship experience with peers, adults and families
Gain the opportunity to discuss and decide upon their own values
Obtain a sense of hope or purpose for their future
HELP IS ON ITS WAY GUYS
Our organization new youth program elements are set to advance every participants basic skills deficiency through these additional conditions, which could include:
(1) emotional health; (2) Financial Literacy; (3) Entrepreneurial skills training; (4) Services that provide employment in the local area; (5) Activities that help youth to better support family and community; (6) Education offered concurrently with and as in the same context as workforce development preparation activities for their specific occupation.
Furthermore, a great emphasis will made for those with work experience, which will advance them to summer and year-round employment, pre-apprenticeship, on the job training or internships and job shadowing.
IBornStudio staff focused on the most important pieces that will help the program promote positive youth development.
1. Better opportunity for participation: Youth are given an active role planning and carrying out a story or take part in the activity in session.
2. A well-trained youth-oriented staff: Youth need caring adults who listen and laugh with them, encourage, challenge and steer them from trouble. Staff will be well grounded in an understanding of the development needs of youth.
3. Opportunities for caring relationships: We’ll design our program to provide opportunities, where youth can interact one and one with a caring adult.
4. Fun and interactive activities: New activities monthly to have fun, fresh and interactive things to do. We discover new activities by simply asking the youth, because they often have good and well-developed ideas about how an activity should be organized. Furthermore, interaction is essential to attract youth and keep them interested in our programs.
5. A unified vision: Programs with a unified vision has a set of goals that unit both youth participants and adults together. For example, production crew of youth and adults united in bringing out a television series.
Your Team at IBORNSTUDIO